Family Law Attorney Focusing on High Asset Divorce Service in Houston, Texas

Scarlett Johansson Calls It Off – See What She Wants from Her Husband

Scarlett Johansson, the actress best known for films like Lost in Translation and The Avengers, has filed for divorce from her French husband, Romain Dauriac.

The couple split last summer and, according to Page Six, have had an informal week-on/week-off custody arrangement for their two-year-old daughter, Rose Dorothy. Johansson released a statement on the divorce asking for privacy and saying that she will never be commenting on the divorce to protect her daughter.

Dauriac’s lawyer foreshadowed an “interesting” fight for custody. Dauriac wishes to move to France and wants to take his daughter with him, citing Johansson’s frequent travel as one reason he should have shared custody. Johansson is seeking primary custody and has not specified why (nor does it appear that she will).

International Child Custody – Can I Leave the Country with My Child?

Generally speaking in Texas, a judge’s initial custody order will not allow the primary parent to move outside of a certain area, usually the child’s county of residence and other contiguous counties. For parents who wish to relocate to another country, or even another state, they will need to seek a court order allowing this.

If one parent does not consent to the move, that parent can apply for a temporary restraining order prohibiting the other parent from moving until the court can hold a relocation hearing. At this hearing, the parent who wishes to move will have to present compelling reasons for the move, such as a job relocation or a relocation to be closer to family who can help raise the children.

By | 2017-06-23T14:26:15+00:00 March 20th, 2017|Child Custody|0 Comments
%d bloggers like this: