Family Law Attorney Focusing on High Asset Divorce Service in Houston, Texas
Family Law Appeals 2018-02-28T12:09:14-06:00

Family Law Attorney for Appeals

Divorce and Child Custody Appeals in Houston, TX

Family law attorney John K. Grubb is not only a seasoned high asset divorce lawyer, but he is also board certified in Civil Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization offering aggressive divorce representation. Over his 30-plus year career, he has appealed many cases to the Court of Appeals and Texas Supreme Court. You do not need to keep your former divorce attorney for an appeal; you should investigate lawyers to find an attorney most qualified to appeal a family law case.

When Can You Appeal a Divorce in Texas?

Texas does permit a party who is dissatisfied with a Trial Court’s final judgment to appeal the case to the Court of Appeals. In certain cases, a party can apply to the Texas Supreme Court for a Writ of Error. You cannot, however, appeal a case simply because you do not like the results. Instead, you must base an appeal on a contention that the Trial Judge misapplied the law or the Trial Judge abused the Judge’s discretion

How Long Do You Have to File a Family Law Appeal?

If you wish to consider an appeal, then you should contact us immediately. In most cases, you have to appeal within 30 days after the Judge signs the Decree or Order. Our divorce attorney in Houston can help with the appeals work related specifically to your divorce, as well as other family law matters such as child custody, child support, property division, business valuations and alimony in Texas (also called spousal support or maintenance.)

Can You Change a Divorce Decree?

If you are looking for options and solutions about how to appeal your family law judgment, contact the Houston family lawyers at our firm today for a consultation. We are happy to offer you our experience, opinion and advice with regards to your appellate options.

We represent clients for family law appeals throughout the greater Houston area, including Harris County, Montgomery County and Fort Bend County, Texas.