Family Law Appeals
Handled by our Houston Family Lawyers
Texas does permit a party who is dissatisfied with a Trial Court’s final judgment to appeal, the case, to the Court of Appeals and in certain cases to apply to the Texas Supreme Court for a Writ of Error. You cannot appeal a case simply because you do not like the results. Instead, an appeal must be based on a contention that the Trial Judge misapplied the law or the Trial Judge abused the Judge’s discretion.
If you wish to consider an appeal you should contact us immediately. Most cases have to be appealed within 30 days after the Judge signs the Decree or Order. Our Houston divorce attorneys can help with the appeals work related specifically to your divorce, as well as other family law matters.
Some of the Appellate Cases of John K. Grubb
- Dennis v. Smith, 962 S.W.2d 67 (Tex.App.-Hous. (1 Dist.), Oct 30, 1997) (NO. 01-96-00177-CV)
- Marshall v. Telecommunications Specialists, Inc., 806 S.W.2d 904 (Tex.App.-Hous. (1 Dist.), Mar 21, 1991) (NO. 01-90-00129-CV)
- Ex parte Mabry, 792 S.W.2d 588 (Tex.App.-Hous. (1 Dist.), Jun 28, 1990) (NO. 01-90-00106-CV)
- Morris v. Morris, 757 S.W.2d 466 (Tex.App.-Hous. (14 Dist.), Aug 25, 1988) (NO. B14-87-434-CV)
- Burton v. Cravey, 759 S.W.2d 160 (Tex.App.-Hous. (1 Dist.), Aug 18, 1988) (NO. 01-88-00270-CV)
- Hilsher v. Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith, Inc., 717 S.W.2d 435 (Tex.App.-Hous. (14 Dist.), Sep 04, 1986) (NO. C14-85-711CV)
- Memorial City General Hosp. Corp. v. Cintas Corp., No. 81, 679 S.W.2d 133 (Tex.App.-Hous. (14 Dist.), Sep 20, 1984) (NO. A14-84-151-CV)
- Hughes v. Houston Northwest Medical Center, Inc., 680 S.W.2d 838 (Tex.App.-Hous. (1 Dist.), Aug 30, 1984) (NO. 01-83-0109-CV)
- Batey v. Drever & Associates Professional Personnel Service, 576 S.W.2d 35 (Tex., Dec 20, 1978) (NO. B-8032)
- Grissett v. State, 571 S.W.2d 922 (Tex.Crim.App., Oct 18, 1978) (NO. 54728)
- Drever & Associates Professional Personnel Service v. Batey, 572 S.W.2d 30 (TexCivApp.-Hous (1 Dist.), Aug 24, 1978) (NO. 17226)
- England v. England, 234 F.3d 268 (5th Cir.(Tex.), Nov 27, 2000) (NO. 00-20008)
- Stem v. Ahearn, 908 F.2d 1 (5th Cir.(Tex.), Aug 13, 1990) (NO. 89-2956)
- Lafayette Stabilizer Repair, Inc. v. Machinery Wholesalers Corp., 750 F.2d 1290, 40 UCC Rep.Serv. 122 (5th Cir.(La.), Jan 21, 1985) (NO. 83-4416)
- Eichelberger v. Eichelberger, 584 F.Supp. 899 (S.D.Tex., May 14, 1984) (NO. CIV. H-82-1436)
If you are looking for options and solutions about how to appeal your family law judgment, contact the Houston family lawyers at our firm today for a consultation. If your appeal relates specifically to divorce, we have a Houston divorce lawyer that you can speak with in our office.